Thursday, July 17, 2014

Publish….No Turning Back !

One month ago I made a commitment to myself and my family that I was going to make changes in my life to be healthier. After being pregnant and giving birth my body was struggling. Even though I kept telling myself to be patient with myself I was still feeling very unhappy with the way I looked and felt. I was constantly participating in negative self talk and damaging behavior. I was tired and unmotivated to change the behaviors I had grown accustomed to for the past year. Behaviors such as : eating a sugar cookie for breakfast, not eating at all until late afternoon, eating too much, eating processed foods, drinking soda, not moving my body, not drinking enough water, constant negative self talk and damaging thoughts. There were many reasons I knew I needed a lifestyle adjustment but the biggest reason was that I was unhappy with the way I felt about myself. Not just because I have fat on my stomach, not only because I have stretch marks and cellulite but because I couldn't physically do things that I wanted to. Even simple things like getting Garn in and out of the car seemed daunting at times. Ya I'm not even referring to things like running marathons I am talking about running one mile.

I began a very painful and downward spiral in my head and the more I fed the fuel the more personally destructive I became. I am truly blessed because the people I surround myself are always working on their health and wellness. I was inspired by my sister Kristi who had started a 28 day challenge that was completely changing not only her body but her emotional relationship with food. I saw the change in her and I wanted that for myself. I enrolled in the next challenge and the changes I see in my body and feel are mind blowing. I Am feeling so much better and stronger everyday. I no longer crave sugar like I used to (still do but not nearly as bad) and I actually have energy to play with my kids, clean the house, workout and cook dinner, all in the SAME day!

I have decided to love my body today for all the amazing things it has done for me over the passed 27 years. I am committed to treating it with kindness and love. I love my new relationship with myself and I am so excited for the amazing things my body is going to do for me next !

No comments:

Post a Comment